2023 Residential Rebates
There is a $5,000 maximum annual rebate per member. All rebates are on a first-come, first-serve basis, so please turn in your paperwork promptly. Please read the details on specific rebate forms, as some products have limits, require Energy Star certification, or other requirements.
Air Source Heat Pump rebate forms must be completed by the installing contractor. Rebates for high-efficiency air source heat pumps require installation by a “registered contractor” which has been designated as a quality installer. There are no rebates on central air conditioners. The Cooperative encourages any member replacing their central air conditioner to upgrade to an Energy Star rated air source heat pump.
Energy Star Appliances
- Energy Star Dehumidifier: $25
- Energy Star Electric Clothes Dryer: $25
- Old Freezer or Refrigerator: $25
(Proof of recycling required & Limit of 2 per Year)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station: Up to $500 (towards installation & equipment) – when enrolling in our Off-Peak Program. Please call our office for more information.
- Heat Pump Water Heater 50 gal minimum capacity $500
- Replacement Electric Water Heater 40-gal. minimum capacity $50
- Electric Storage Water Heating Program: $400
Fall Water Heater Promotion
FALL Electric Storage Water Heater Promotion (dates 9/1/2023 – 12/15/2023):
-Receive a $500 rebate when you enroll a new electric water heater the Co-op’s load management program
*To qualify installed units must pass the Co-op’s Load Management inspection check-out.
**Rebates are processed on a first come, first served basis – once funds are depleted, rebates will cease for 2023.
Energy Star Swimming Pool
- Air Source Heat Pump Pool Heater: $400
- Variable Speed Pump: $200
Electrical Lawn Equipment
(applies to lawnmowers, chainsaws, trimmers, leaf blowers, and snow blowers)
- Purchase of $149 or less – $25.00
- Purchases of $150 and above – $50.00
- Wifi Thermostat – $25.00
- Tune-Up of Central Air or Air Source Heat Pump – $25.00
- Ground Source Heat Pump: $400/ton
- Furnace ECM Blower Motor: $50 (retrofit only, no new construction)
- Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) Space Heating: $50/kW
- Ductless Air Source Heat Pump: $300
- 8.2-8.99 HSPF Air Source Heat Pump: $500
- ≥ 9.0 HSPF Air Source Heat Pump: $1,000
Want to learn more about Air Source Heat Pumps?
Here’s a recent article that highlights this increasingly popular heating and cooling option – NPR article from April 2023. The Minnesota ASHP Collaborative also is a great resource for those considering installing an ASHP.
*Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a $5,000 maximum annual rebate per member. Rebate amounts and programs are subject to change without notice due to limited funds being available for this promotion.
- 2023 ENERGY STAR Appliance/Recycle Rebate (PDF)
- 2023 Standard Heating and Cooling Rebates (PDF)
- 2023 ASHP (Qualified Installation Form) Rebate (PDF)
- 2023 Wifi Thermostat Rebate (PDF)
- 2023 Pool Pump Rebate (PDF)
- 2023 Water Heater Rebates (PDF)
- 2023 Electric Lawncare Equipment (PDF)
Agricultural, Commercial, and Industrial
Before installation, please contact the cooperative for pre-approval. Applications must be turned in no later than November 15, 2023, and the member is responsible for checking with the cooperative to determine funds are still available. Itemized invoices, rebate applications, and manufacturer equipment specifications will be required. The rebate shall not exceed 50% of the materials or project cost up to $5,000 per member. The cooperative reserves the right to conduct random inspections of installations. For more details see the links below. Contact us for applications.
Electric Vehicle Chargers
McLeod Co-op Power also is currently offering a $500.00 rebate for installing a Level 2 charger on the Co-op’s Storage/Off Peak Program “Chargewise”. The Off Peak Program provides discounted energy pricing for vehicles charging during off-peak times. Additionally, there is an additional $300.00 incentive through Great River Energy if you order through the Co-op’s online store. The charger must be purchased from our online store and installed on our load management storage control strategy to receive both rebates totaling $800.00. Members are encouraged to contact our energy management specialists for more details.
Another program through McLeod Co-op Power for Level 2 off-peak controlled EV’s is the Minnesota REVOLT program. This program is an additional offering that the level 2 chargers on our off-peak metering can sign up for. This is a free enrollment and guarantees that all the energy (up to 10,000 kWh/yr., 50,000 kWh/5yrs) used by the electric vehicle will be produced by “Green Energy”.
- “Chargewise” off-peak enrollment form (PDF) – required for the EV rebates.
- “ReVolt” enrollment form (PDF) – a free program guaranteeing the EV charger will be supplied from a Wind source.
Electric vehicles are no longer a transportation option for the future. They’re here, now, available to lease or purchase – and there is likely one that fits the bill of your lifestyle. Explore all the options available today!