About McLeod Co-op Power
We are proud to have served the area since 1935. McLeod Cooperative Power is a member-owned cooperative that provides electricity to more than 6,000 residents, businesses, and farms in McLeod, Renville, Sibley and Carver Counties.
Our Energy Sources
McLeod Cooperative Power Association purchases approximately 95 percent of our electricity from wholesale provider Great River Energy (GRE). The remaining 5 percent is purchased from Western Area Power Administration (WAPA).
GRE is an electric transmission and generation cooperative with 28 member cooperatives throughout the state of Minnesota. GRE met Minnesota’s renewable energy standard of 25 percent renewable energy in 2017, eight years ahead of the state’s requirement of 25 percent by 2025. GRE has voluntarily set a goal to serve its member-owner cooperative with energy that is 50 percent renewable by 2030 and is well on the way toward meeting that new goal. Read more about the diverse mix of GRE’s generation resources.
WAPA is a power marketing administration within the US Department of Energy whose role is to market and deliver clean, renewable, reliable, cost-based federal hydroelectric power in the central and western United States. Read more about WAPA.
New Member Orientations
McLeod Co-op Power offers home visits to new members of the Co-op. The meeting will give the member a quick overview of all the programs, services, and products offered by McLeod Co-op Power. This also is an opportunity to get common questions answered about off-peak equipment, the electric bill, etc.
New member visits are at no cost to the member.
Call Bob Thomes 1.800.494.6272 to schedule a visit if you have become a member of the co-op in recent months.
MCPA Annual Meeting
The 2023 MCPA Annual Meeting was held on July 11th at the Crow River Winery. Approximately 300 guests attended the meeting. Members heard highlights from the 2022 fiscal year. Additionally, results of the Board of Directors election were shared with the membership. Kirk Newman (District 1), Joe Griebie (District 2), and Dave Resch (District 3) were elected to serve three year terms.
Mark your calendars! The 2024 Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 16th at the Crow River Winery. The meeting schedule will be announced as the date approaches.