There is a $2,500 maximum rebate per member per year. Only ETS space heating has a $5,000 maximum cap. All rebates are on a first come, first serve basis, so please turn in your paperwork promptly. Please read the details on specific rebate forms, as some products have limits, require Energy Star certification, or other requirements.
Air Source Heat Pump rebate forms must be completed by the installing contractor. Rebates for high-efficiency air source heat pumps require installation by a “registered contractor” which has been designated as a quality installer. A list of all the “registered contractors” can be found here. There are no rebates on central air conditioners. The Cooperative encourages any member replacing their central air conditioner to upgrade to an Energy Star rated air source heat pump. LED yard lights must be installed on consumer-owned building or facilities. Lights cannot be installed on Co-op power poles.
Energy Star Appliances
- Dehumidifier: $25
- Electric Clothes Dryer: $25
- Old Freezer or Refrigerator: $25
(Proof of recycling required & Limit of 2 per Year)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station: Up to $500 (towards installation & equipment)
(Please call our office for more information)
- Heat Pump Water Heater 50 gal minimum capacity $500
- Electric Storage Water Heating Program: $400
Energy Star Swimming Pool
- Air Source Heat Pump Pool Heater: $400
- Variable Speed Pump: $200
Energy Star Lighting
- LED Yard Light: $60
- Tune Up of Central Air or Air Source Heat Pump – $25.00
- Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) Space Heating: $50/kW
- 14.5 SEER Air Source Heat Pump: $200
- 15 SEER Air Source Heat Pump: $400
- 16 SEER or higher Air Source Heat Pump: $800
- Ductless Air Source Health Pump: $300
- Ground Source Heat Pump: $400/ton
- ECM: $50 (retrofit only, no new construction)
NEW Seasonal Rebates
Steffes Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) heaters Installing ETS systems in your home just got more affordable! Minnesota cooperative members are eligible for exclusive rebates for a limited time only.
- $50 Gift Card for any new Room Unit purchased and installed between 6/15/2020 and 9/30/2020.
- $125 Gift Card for any new Comfort Plus Forced Air or Hydronic Furnace purchased and installed between 6/15/2020 and 9/30/2020.
This ETS rebate is a manufacturer’s rebate that’s in addition to the existing rebate that MCPA offers. Details on this rebate as well as the rebate form can be found by clicking here.
Agricultural, Commercial, and Industrial
Before installation, please contact the cooperative for pre-approval. Applications must be turned in no later than November 15, 2020, and the member is responsible for checking with the cooperative to determine funds are still available. Itemized invoices, rebate application, and manufacturer equipment specifications will be required. The rebate shall not exceed 50% of the materials or project cost up to $5,000 per member. The cooperative reserves the right to conduct random inspections of installations. For full details see the links below.
Electric Vehicle Chargers
McLeod Co-op Power also is currently offering a $500.00 rebate for installing a Level 2 charger on the Co-op’s Storage/Off Peak Program. The Off Peak Program provides discounted energy pricing for vehicles charging during off-peak times. Additionally, there is an additional $300.00 incentive through Great River Energy if you order through the Co-op’s online store. The charger must be purchased from our online store and installed on our load management storage control strategy to receive both rebates totaling $800.00. Members are encouraged to contact our energy management specialists for more details.
Another program through McLeod Co-op Power for Level 2 off peak controlled EV’s is the Minnesota REVOLT program. This program is an additional offering that the level 2 chargers on our off peak metering can sign up for. This is a free enrollment and guarantees that all the energy (up to 10,000 kWh/yr., 50,000 kWh/5yrs) used by the electric vehicle will be produced by “Green Energy”.
Electric vehicles are no longer a transportation option for the future. They’re here, now, available to lease or purchase – and there is likely one that fits the bill of your lifestyle. Explore all the options available today!