Candidate Filing is Now Open for Districts 4, 5, & 6
McLeod Cooperative Power Directors are member-owners just like you who understand and listen to the community. They represent you on the Cooperative’s Board, while responsibly overseeing the business of the co-op and determining its strategic direction. The cooperative model depends on its members to provide leadership and guidance.
Each year an election takes place in three of the Cooperative’s nine districts to elect a Director. The election process ensures that every member has a voice in the operation of this organization. Members that meet the position’s qualifications and desire to be actively involved in their co-op may seek election.
DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Be a member in good standing of the Cooperative and a resident of the district you wish to represent.
- Cannot be a close relative to an employee, or board member.
- Cannot be employed by the Cooperative or an enterprise that competes with the Cooperative or have any other conflict of interest.
- Must have the time available to attend a minimum of 12 regular board meetings and additional meetings or training sessions.
- Must possess basic computer skills to receive electronic communication and reports from the Cooperative.
- Directors must also be willing and able to fully participate in the business activities of the Cooperative.
From time-to-time, directors may be called upon to represent the Cooperative at meetings or events, in addition to expected attendance at regular monthly board meetings.
A complete list of qualifications can be found in the cooperative’s Bylaws.
In addition to these qualifications, there are also some important personal characteristics that a director should possess.
- Directors should have a sincere interest in preserving the strength of the Cooperative’s operations and maintaining a productive relationship with its member-owners. They must be accessible to the members who they represent and work with each other to ensure equitable treatment to all members across the entire distribution system.
- Directors should also be business-minded in order to evaluate strategic decisions, corporate policies, and financial reports.
Members in districts 4, 5, and 6; who meet the qualifications and characteristics described here and have an interest in serving as a director of McLeod Cooperative Power should complete the director application by 4:30 pm on January 15, 2021. If you have additional questions, need more information, or would like to request an application by mail please call (800) 494-6272.